The Best Things Get Better With Age Prologue
After a few uneventful days on the Feh Feh Pi Goh garbage heap that is Beylix, your ship is finally ready to go. “Freedom’s Flight” looks like right shiny as you glimpse her out the window of the ferry. Knives oversaw the engine repairs and made sure that pesky compression coil got swapped out. Jet took the chance to upgrade her avionics suite and computer, integrating and automating enough systems so she could almost fly herself. Oughta shave a few minutes off the startup sequence in case you ever have to leave in a hurry.
As promised, Crash returned with a promising lead before sequestering himself in the medbay for the rest of the layover. When he finally emerged, bleary-eyed and hung over, he kept muttering something about buying a whole cargo bay’s worth of wine. When he sobered enough to be more coherent, turns out that’s his plan for getting close to Baron Otello.
There’s been some trouble lately getting wine shipments from the vineyards on Greenleaf. The boat that usually makes the deliveries to Osiris has been “delayed” and the Baron will be needing a fresh order in time for his upcoming fundraiser gala. He won’t ask too many questions about who’s delivering the wine and he’ll pay double its value if it arrives on time.
This will be your best shot to get close to Baron Otello. The charity balls he hosts every year are lavish affairs and the usually reclusive baron always makes an appearance there. Greenleaf orbits the yellow sun so it’s a few days at hard burn then 10 days to the Core and Osiris. Whole trip should take 2 weeks which as luck would have it is the date of the shindig.
- Rip: Im going to spend some time working on my fist fightin’ (Spending AP to improve my Unarmed from a d6 to a d8).
Jet had talked about fitting the shuttle with some light weapons is that something we tried to do in this down time, could we if we tried?
- GM: To Rip: Yeah, Beylix would definitely have the parts. You could do that on the way to Greenleaf and have it finished by Osiris.
- Rip: Also before the “Rascal Puff” leaves I ask Jack to stop by Hera if he has a chance and check on Rose (my bird.) It was while serving on the Puff we found her near dead in a post Reaver attacked ship. I helped her get her wings back, and hate that she got left behind on that rock, we just ain’t been able to get back and it looks like it might be a bit longer before we do.
- GM: Hera’s near enough Osiris you might have time to stop in real quick. It’d add no more than a day from Greenleaf.
- Knives: "We need to pick up some better clothes if we’re gonna blend in at that soiree. Hera would have finer shops than Beylix or Greenleaf."
- Rip: “Your just a wealth of sharp thinking Knives, I guess sauntering up in my old poncho might not get me very far, so I guess it’s decided we sing by Hera, I get my Rose, and we get some clothes.”
- Roy: I’m gonna do a little shopping my self, a gun case, some patch tape, a secondhand personal access cortex terminal to play with if, I’m lucky. I’ll also tag along while Rip practicess his fighting. We may need to talk.